Wednesday, May 28, 2008

She DID IT! & Where I've Been!!!!

Where have I been??? I took a little blogging break over the last two weeks! Why?

This is why:
She did it! Lori graduated last night from Allegany High School as part of the Class of 2008 with a total of 210 in her class!


Pomp & Circumstance!


Diploma in hand!!


Mom & Daughter at her graduation dinner!


The day is done and the graduate is tired!


The last 2 weeks have been fun as Lori finished up her high school days. The last 2 weeks of getting out of bed at 6:30 am to wake Lori up for school. The last 2 weeks of fighting the morning traffic to get her to school. The last 2 weeks of dodging the school buses trying to get other kids to school!

It's sad but happy all at the same time! I've been getting one of my three children up and ready for public school for the last 22 years. I've stood with them and waited for a countless number of buses! I've watched them as they walked to school! And I've transported them back and forth. I've loved every minute of those 22 years! All things come to an end even if the ending is bittersweet! Now it's time for the next chapter in our life - Grandchildren!

Here's the whole family at Lori's graduation dinner!
Paul & me in the back!
Sara, Lori, & John

5 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Congratulations! The joy in these faces gives me goosebumps! God bless.

Suzy said...

All good things must come to an end, Mom...but don't get too comfortable because soon you'll be busy being "Grammy" !!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back :) It's nice every now & then to take a break from blogging~I've been on one myself as well :) Congratulations to Lori~that's awesome! My youngest sister just graduated last Sat. & she was so thrilled!

Now it's time for you to start anticipating grandchildren ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe she is the same little girl that I met all those years ago at the Thrasher Carriage Museum. Probably the best move I've ever made was hiring Paul to work at the Museum. Look at the great family I now call friends!!!! Congratulations, Lori.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Job well done! Very nice family portrait.

Robin in New Jersey