Sunday, April 26, 2009

Of colds and movies

Well, after working 12 straight days for work I just had to come down with a head cold. So I've been resting and sneezing this weekend. I did have fun on Saturday watching a movie from Netflex. The Stock Club starring Betty Hutton, Barry Fitzgerald, and Don DeFore.

Here's a clip from the movie. Betty singing Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief


I enjoyed the movie very much. I love these old Black & White movies. They are just fun to watch.

Lori and I also watched Marley and Me. We laughed and then cried.


My sneezing stopped long enough on Saturday night for Paul to take me to the movies. He had gone and saw State of Play while I was in New Jersey and liked it enough that he wanted me to see it. The movie stars Russell Crowe, Helen Mirren, Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, and Robin Wright Penn. The movie was good. I'm a big Russell Crowe fan and he was good in the movie. It's a politcal thriller. Lots of intrigue! If you are intersted the trailer is here!

I sure hope this cold goes away soon. The weather here is beautiful and I'd like to get working outside in the garden!

No comments: