I've been tagged by Laurie & Chris at Miss Flower to list 12 random things about myself!
Here are the rules: List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible. Please give Andrea some link-love as the “Hoopla-Creator!”
1. When I was a little girl our presents from Santa were never wrapped and the presents for each of us were all together in a separate pile.
2. I received a baby doll for Christmas until I was 12 or 13 years old.
3. I thought that Dad paid Santa for our Christmas presents. I can remember visualizing him paying Santa.
4. I quit believing in Santa Claus in 1968 when I was 8 years old. My brother showed me my Barbie Doll which was hidden in my parents room. Bad brother!
5. I like certain Christmas carols sung by certain people. I love Doris Day singing Silver Bells, Dean Martin singing Let it Snow!, Bing Crosby singing White Christmas, Jim Nabors singing Do you Hear what I hear, Johnny Mathis singing Winter Wonderland. There are more too. I'll listen to others sing the songs but these are my favorites.
6. I collect Santa Claus figures. I have at least 50 in all sizes and shapes.
7. I don't snoop. I don't like to know what I'm getting for Christmas until Christmas day.
8. We always open one present on Christmas Eve.
9. My favorite Christmas movies are Scooge with Albert Finney, A Christmas Carol with Alister Simm, The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant, David Niven, & Loretta Young, and It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart. I have all four on DVD.
10. I used to hate the movie A Christmas Story. Now we watch it every Christmas Eve when TBS shows it for 24 hours.
11. After having an artificial tree for 41 years I now want only a real tree.
12. I always put out one of our Manager scenes to remind us all of the TRUE meaning of Christmas. We have three sets. One was my family's when I was little, one is from Paul's family and one is new from my Mother in Law several years ago.
I tag the Camera Totin Idiot, Sandy at Writing in Faith, & Tracy at Seashide Enchantment.