Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Stormy Weather

Last night (Tuesday the 12th) & tonight (Wednesday the 13th) we had really bad thunderstorms. Here are a few photos of the clouds on Tuesday night. These were the most awesome clouds I've seen. We were under a tornado warning for about an hour Tuesday night during the storm. We had rain, thunder, & lightening.

This is about 1/2 before the storm. Just starting to cloud up.







The rain started right after I took this photo.



Tonight, Tuesday the 13th, we had heavier rain then last night. The clouds didn't look anything like last night. We had heavy rain, hail, thunder, & lightening tonight for about 1 1/2 hours. We were only under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning tonight. Here are a few pictures of tonight. They aren't very good because it was raining so hard I could only stick my head out the door.


This is the street in front of our house. You can see how hard it is raining and there is hail in the rain.



This is my rock garden in the front with the hail.



The next 3 pictures are of the backyard. The aren't very good but you can see the hail in my flower pots. I won't have to water them for a couple of days.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh, I miss the rain so much! I haven't seen rain for at least three months now, and I love a good storm.

Maggie Ann said...

Great shots of the heavens! There is such power of God revealed in storms like this. Scary but wonderful at the same time huh? And hail is always makes my eyes widen in wondor!

CountryMouse said...

Mother Nature is so powerful isnt she.The photos you took of the impending weather really show what was on its way. Am so glad you only had a thunderstorm and not the tornado though.